The Oxnard Downtown Improvement District is now soliciting nominations from qualified members to serve on the 2016-17 Fiscal Year Board of Directors. There are currently two (2) seats open on the 13-member Board.
An eligible nominee is defined as a “Regular Member” of the organization in good standing from one of the following categories:
- Owner or representative of non-residential property located within the ODID boundaries*
- Owner or representative of a business located within the ODID boundaries
- Owner of residential property located within the ODID boundaries
- Subscribe to the organizational values and individual standards outlined in the board member “Pledge of Commitment”
- Attend regular board meetings on the third Thursday morning of every month
- Serve on at least one board committee or an ad hoc committee as needed
- 2-year term of service
- Click here for a nomination form
- Submit nomination to the ODID offices at: 519 South C Street, Oxnard, CA 93030 by 5 p.m. Monday, June 13, 2016
- The current serving ODID Board will consider the slate of qualified nominees and elect individual candidates by a majority vote to fill up to the maximum number of open seats
- Newly elected directors will be appointed at the 2016 Annual Meeting scheduled for June 16, 2016 and begin serving their term at the July 2016 meeting
* The ODID is located in the center of Oxnard and is bounded approximately by Second Street on the north, the Railroad tracks on the east, Eighth Street on the south and C Street on the west. A detailed map of the district is available here or may be obtained upon request from ODID office.